What we're looking for
We are looking for a talented Video Editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches our clients' vision.
Ultimately, as a Video Editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficienc
We’re pretty relaxed about our requirements. Think you will be a good fit, but don’t meet the qualifications? Apply today!
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (Premiere Pro & After Effects preferred)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- If Vancouver-based, videography experience is a plus
Founded in 2012, SR Media Canada is a media production company that has kept on growing year after year. We now have a team of just over 100 people based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, but mostly working remotely. We provide various services including web development, video production, graphic design, digital marketing, and many more.
How to Apply
Please apply using the application form on our website at https://SRMedia.ca/apply. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Recruitment Department by sending an email to email@example.com.